WISE has provided training and mentoring to community-based organisations and youth-led teams and participants in Indonesia, Cambodia, and Singapore. We are actively expanding our capacity building program in Singapore, and are also open to exploring opportunities in Indonesia, Cambodia, and the rest of Southeast Asia.
In Singapore in October 2018, we launched a public workshop on designing for behaviour change (see course brochure), to help organisations and individuals involved in social causes to better design interventions that promote positive changes in people’s behaviour. We also offer training and mentoring. Supported by the National Youth Council (Singapore)’s National Youth Fund Future-ready Youth Grant, WISE aims to reach at least 100 youth by February 2019.
In Cambodia, we conducted a training needs analysis with local partners Neakpoan Organization for Devleopment and Community Training Organization for Development (formerly DARE) to identify their learning needs, as part of efforts to better support local organisations.
What WISE offers
To maximise impact on learners, WISE’s capacity building is based on 4 principles:
- A training curriculum customised to the learners’ context and needs
- An authentic learning environment for learners to immediate apply their learning to real-life examples
- Active learning strategies to maximise engagement
- Post-training mentoring for learners to reflect and seek support while they use the skills they learned
Our training curriculum includes:
- Programme/project planning
- Research methods
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Waste management
- Behaviour change
Interested in training and/or mentoring?
Email email@example.com to ask about training opportunities. If you are a youth group in Singapore, we may be able to offer subsidised rates.